Brown Emergency Training Center
- 2022 Spring Fire and Rescue Training Schedule (January – July)
- 2022 EMS Training Schedule
- 2022 Paramedic Class Schedule
- Basic Law Enforcement Training Application Process
Find information on the Associate in Applied Science in Fire Protection Technology in the Student Handbook.
The Brown Emergency Training Center (BETC) at Cleveland Community College is a comprehensive training and educational institution that serves the people of Cleveland and surrounding counties. Located on approximately 4 acres, we rank in the top 5 in the state for Emergency Training Centers.
We have over 75 instructors who deliver excellent courses with a high level of customer service. We truly believe in putting students first and giving them an incredible experience that will make them better.
What We Do
- Basic Law Enforcement Training covers the basic skills and knowledge needed for entry-level employment as a law enforcement officer in North Carolina. Applicants must be a minimum of 20 years of age to apply. For additional information contact Aaron Vassey or Fran Musolino.
- BLET offices are located in the Paksoy Technology Center, Room 3128.
- Firefighter, Rescue Technician, Advanced Skill Courses such as Flashover, Aircraft, Portable Vehicle fire and propane props, etc.
- Host an Annual Fire/Rescue College that is one of the largest in the state with enrollment each year of more than 700 students.
- Host pilot courses in all the Rescue Specialty areas such as Structural Collapse, Trench, Ropes, Confined Space and many more
- Offer a nine-week Firefighter Academy that is one of the top in the state with two sessions each year (Spring and Summer). Features full-time, live-in options at local fire stations, low cost of enrollment, and job seeking preparation and skill building.
- CCC offers a wide array of custom designed training programs for industry. We will deliver the training at the Brown ETC or at your location or a combination of both. Please contact Richard Carroll to discuss a training package for your company. Companies we have helped include International Paper, Evergreen Packaging, Ticona, and Invista. Our prices are very competitive, and we custom-build each program to your exact needs.
- Serve as American Heart Association Community Training Center to provide initial and ongoing training in BLS, ACLS, and PALS:
- Our program offerings continue to grow with the development of new courses and enhancement of existing courses.
- Find information on the Associate in Applied Science in Emergency Medical Science in the Student Handbook.
The Paramedic program of Cleveland Community College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
To Contact CoAEMSP:
Paramedic Program Outcomes
CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs) accredited programs are required to meet outcome benchmarks each year. Outcomes include North Carolina Office of Emergency Medical Services, Paramedic 3rd attempt test taker data.
2018 Paramedic Graduates
- Number of Graduates: 15
- NCOEMS/NREMT Pass Rates: 93.3%
- Retention Rate: 53.6%
- Positive Job Placement: 93.3%
2019 Paramedic Graduates
- Number of Graduates: 13
- NCOEMS/NREMT Pass Rates: 84.6%
- Retention Rate: 56.5%
- Positive Job Placement: 84.6%
2020 Paramedic Graduates
- Number of Graduates: 12
- NCOEMS/NREMT Pass Rates: 100%
- Retention Rate: 46.2%
- Positive Job Placement: 83.3%
CLEVELAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE PARAMEDIC PASS RATES
|1st & 3rd Combined||1st & 3rd Combined||1st & 3rd Combined|
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinator and Instructor of Fire and Rescue Training
|Roberta Van Dyke
Fire Training Specialist
Continuing Education Records Coordinator
Law Enforcement Training Coordinator
Law enforcement Training Specialist